In the gallery 18 m dead artists society were once again shown in the context
of the exhibition »Das Phantom der Kunst« (the spectre of
art) and a panel discussion was held on 10.11.2007 on the theme
of »Intellectual property rights, posthumous masterpieces? Prospective
buyers facing legal problems«.The following questions
• Who owns the copyright of the work: will the collector be buying
a work by Pollock or by Kissina?
• Are intellectual property rights a key element of the work as an
object of purchase?
• Is it permissible to sign a picture with ››Jackson Pollock, 2007‹‹?
• Can Pollock’s heirs make claims against the artist?
• Must the artist/gallery owner fear legal consequences?